Hair started graying. Any solution?

Dr. Kruti

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 1 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi my hair is getting grey is there any solution for it
Answered by Dr. Kruti 3 hours later
Hello

I can understand your concern.

Premature greying of hair is an extremely common problem these days.

It is increasingly seen in younger individuals.

It’s a difficult thing to control or treat.

Calcium pantothenate is thought to arrest the progression but it may not be too effective.

I would recommend that you take supplements containing calcium pantothenate twice a day for 3 months and see if it helps.

Also taking iron iron and multivitamin supplements will be helpful.

You will need to use either hair colour or XXXXXXX to colour the grey hair.

Also in case your hair is dry, it will make sense to oil it daily.

Hope my recommendations are helpful to you.

Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Kruti 4 hours later
Thanks for your reply,

Kindly tell me the name of some medicine containing calcium pantothenate so that i would be able to purchase it from market and see if it works or not,

Answered by Dr. Kruti 5 minutes later
Hello

There is tablet follihair which contains calcium pantothenate.

However I would recommend that you take a prescription from your doctor.

Regards.