Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected oral sex. HIV test came negative. What are my chances of getting HIV?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
I received unprotected oral sex back in July 13 2013 I've been freaking out I got tested for HIV on august 10 that was a negative and I got tested again on September 26 2013 that was negative again.. am still paranoid I mite have caught HIV
Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 9 days later
Brief Answer:
HIV infection is unlikely...

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your query I can understand your concern for HIV contraction but since you got two repeated tests negative there is a less possibility that you have contracted the disease . The assays used for testing HIV virus are extremely sensitive now a days and it is almost impossible to miss out on infection . They are able to detect infection in the window period even .

Plus since its been 3 months with two tests negative you are in a very safe place .

Hope this helps you .

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an HIV AIDS Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor