Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Had undescending testicls and had late surgery. Has zero sperm count and low testosterone. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
My Husband had a late surgey at 15 he had undescending testicls we had 3 test done that said zero sperm count. and he had low testrone.. What can we do next before we consider a donor .
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seek help from an Endocrinologist

Detailed Answer:

It looks like your husband is suffering from Hypogonadism. Which means that testosterone is not getting produced by the testes.
It is usually treated by giving testosterone and it is called 'testosterone replacement therapy'. Here testosterone is given either as a dermal patch or injections, by replacing testosterone artificially it will stimulate spermatogenesis. (which is nothing but production of sperms in the body)
The best specialist to approach for this issue is an endocrinologist. I strongly recommend you XXXXXXX an endocrinologist before seeking a donor.

I hope I was of help, I will be happy to get back to you if you have any further questions


Dr Rakesh Madhyastha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor