Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Had trivial mitral valve prolapsed. How to get rid of body pain and frequent urination?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1966
Answered : 4506 Questions
Dr my problem is that i have been taking Metacard Xl 50 to Metacard Xl 12.5 ( at present ), along with
Atorsave D 10 ( 001) every alterante day. Aloprax 0.5 mg ( 001 ) -problem BP 120/80, Cholestorel control, but body pain, frequent urination specially in the evening. Leg muscles are paining and weak. Not able to sit properly in the evening. I am sitting mostly in the office.

Before MEtacard Xl , i had trivial mitral valve prolapsed. later on cardiologist told it is alright and medicine has cured. But inspite of my request dr has not changed my medicine. for 3 months i am obseving my urine stream 2 or 3 during outflow sometimes and liitle urine leak in my pant/jangia. its of fouly smell. So urological advice is soughted.
My age is 44 indian bengali living in south india.
Pl suggest me waht to do? . Evening i can't sit staightly i have to lie down.

Pl suggest me medically.

Posted Tue, 4 Dec 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

     Frequency and precipitancy of urine needs investigation – you need to check urine, sugar, Kidney and Prostate.
     Do an Ultra Sound Scan of abdomen – Kidney, Bladder and Prostate (including residual urine and prostate volume). Get examined by UROLOGIST – for Prostate problem which is most likely from your description.
     Do Lab tests - urine routine and culture / blood tests –CBC, ESR, CK, Kidney function, PSA, Blood sugar- fasting and 2 hours after 75 grams of glucose.

Metoprolol helps in Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse and Anxiety (tension, sleep problem).
Alprazolam helps in Anxiety
Atorvastatin helps in cholesterol – it can cause muscle pain, especially in higher doses. The pain could also be from your anxiety. If it is very troublesome, you can change it to a fibrate.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had trivial mitral valve prolapsed. How to get rid of body pain and frequent urination? 2 days later
Dear Dr.
One time for me RA was on the higher side as diagnosed by orthod dr. and ortho dr prescribed me some medicines and i was feeling better. but my cardio dr told me to ignore this if there is no joint pain. so discontinued to consult with ortho.
pl. tell me minimum tests required and how to put my questions to urologist.

Or any can u suggest any antibiotic for urine infection.

Eagerly awaiting for your answer. i am non medical common patient.
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 3 hours later

You are right in withholding arthritis medications - just need to follow up.
     Rectal examination, Ultrasound of prostate (bladder & kidneys), Urine routine (& culture), Blood urea and PSA (prostate Specific Antigen) will be the minimum – for proper assessment.
     It will be better to do urine culture before starting antibiotic. One from the class of Fluoroquinolone or Cephalosprin is generally given – they are prescription medicines and you should discuss with your GP.
What you have written before is a very good presentation - tell the same thing to the Urologist

All the best
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor