Had sex and experiencing delay in periods. What is the suggested medication to get immediate periods?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in General Health
Question: hiiii me and my gf had a sex ,,, but it was not a sex i try to insert but before ejuculate i withdraw.. but now her periods got delay by 2 days... is any chance of pregnancy?? this is first time she is facing problem any medicine for immediate periods ?. if pregnant what should we do?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Confirm pregnancy with HPT; then consult doctor Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. The technique employed by you is called the 'withdrawal method'. This method is considered the least effective and has an efficacy of approximately 50 %, which means it can result in conception 50 % of the times. If this is the first time she is experiencing a delay in her periods, then there are chances of pregnancy. I would advise a home pregnancy test, to be conducted using an early morning urine sample, to get the most accurate results. You may have to repeat the test 2-3 times, with a gap of 2 days each time it is conducted. Please do not take any medications for immediate periods, as this can result in a miscarriage or abortion, and can result in serious side effects. You and your partner need to visit a doctor once pregnancy is confirmed, and decide what you want to do. It is best not to do anything by yourself at home, as this can have some life-threatening consequences on your partner. So please visit a doctor once pregnancy is confirmed. I hope you found my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications or information, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.
Follow up: Dr. Shoaib Khan 10 hours later
Dear Sir, Thank you for your reply. Sir I have query I haven't inserted just rubbed on her vagina. My query is to get pregnant sperm should be ejuculate inside vagina or if we discharge on mouth of vagina then also there is chance of pregnancy?? Second thing any natural therapy if she is found pregnant to abort?? Sir we arr nit accepting that she is pregnant because we never had intercose . Please guide me.. Regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: 5% chance; please do not try aborting at home Detailed Answer: Hello once again XXXXXXX It is highly unlikely to get pregnant by just ejaculating on the genitalia of the female partner, but this has occurred, although very rarely. The chances are about 5 %, not more. There is no therapy that would be advised to abort sir, as abortions can result in very serious and even fatal outcomes if not supervised by a doctor. So it would be best not to try anything on your own, I advise you this both as a friend and a doctor; please do not try anything at home. In my opinion, the best to do right now, would be to conduct a home pregnancy test, using a kit that is easily available in any medical store. This kit will have to be used either 2 weeks after the sexual contact or on or after the first day of a missed period. Please also make sure you use an early morning urine sample for the test, as this would give the most accurate result. You may repeat this test 2-3 times, with a 2-day gap between each test, and write back to me. If the result is negative, and your partner has still not had her period, then we will have to look into other causes for a delayed period. But if it is positive, it is best you visit a clinic and discuss the options you have for abortion. I hope you found my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications Mr. XXXXXXX I will be more than happy to guide and help you. Best wishes.