Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Had leg fracture but doctors suggest back problem. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Spine Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 322 Questions
Please suggest on the attached doctor report for my father, 2 months back he had a leg fracture and now the doctors are telling about the back problem, he has been asked for full rest and os there any faster and better recovery option
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: rest, physiotherapy and medicine will help Detailed Answer: Thanks for writing to us. He has L45 spondylosis. I would suggest to send me the spine Xrays. You have a feature to upload the images/reports by yourself on the right side of this query page. Please utilize it. What are complaints? Back pain? Leg pain? Tingling or numbness in legs? If only back pain then he should take rest for about a week. In addition few sessions of physiotherapy such as Interferrential therapy will fasten the recovery. Start on anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxant medicine as well. If leg pain, then need to get MRI lumbar spine to look for any nerve pressure. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor