Had gall bladder lap done in aug 2018 presence st

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2018
Feb 2018
Excellent

General Surgeon
Question
Had gall bladder lap done in aug 2018 presence st XXXXXXX lakeshore dr since having severe pain on and off my surgeon did ct scan upper ab neg liver emyzines still high getting higher oh well my pcp did mri found I have stones caught in bile duct we don't have gastro that specializes in what I need I am afraid of the procedure I was very sick about four months prior to lap had tube in gall bladder for six wks high fever well the whole thing how dangerous is it not to have them removed deal with the pain which I have we have good doc im afraid also they don't specialize in what ever procedure is reguired I have had breast ca carcinoid tumor x2 on lung also double by pass 2004 no heart attack
Sat, 3 Feb 2018 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs ERCP by a Gastroenterologist, please discuss with PCP

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
I can understand the problems you must be going through.
Since there are stones in the bile duct, they need to be removed.
Since you have already gone Lap Gallbladder removal, the best procedure is ERCP so that the stones can be removed and you get symptomfree.
Your PCP can guide you the best which Gastroenterologist to go for getting this done as soon as possible.
Till then avoid fatty foods, milk and milk products.

I hope this answer helps you. Please discuss with your PCP for earlier management.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Follow-up: Had gall bladder lap done in aug 2018 presence st 1 hour later
Is there a great danger if I don't get them removed

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
yes, there is.

Detailed Answer:
Yes, there is.
The reasons being:
They are causing obstruction to bile flow, derange the liver functions.
Can cause pancreatitis.
Can cause pain, loss of appetite, loss of weight and further complications.
Hence should be dealt with asap.