Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Had circumcision and have premature ejaculation, not able to penetrate as partner has vaginal tightness. Advise?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 415 Questions
I have undergone circumsicion. iam not able to penetrate as my wife is having tightness in vagina. we have undergone counselling for this but not getting good results. also I have premature ejaculation. pls advise
Posted Mon, 7 Oct 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
See the details below.

Detailed Answer:

Hello Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX for your health concern.

The condition of "tightness in vagina" of your wife that you are referring to is called "VAGINISMUS"

The appropriate treatment of vaginismus is :behavior therapy, relaxation therapy with or without medication

Your premature ejaculation (PME) can be secondary to her vaginismus. PME should respond to "squeeze technique" with or without SSRI group of drugs like fluoxetine.

So I request you to kindly consult a psychiatrist and continue the behavior therapy and also seek advice on use of medications to help you deal with the problem.

And always remember to take things slowly, do not rush to penetrate, make your wife comfortable with you, prolong the foreplay so that she is well aroused and do not blame her for the problem.

Be supportive and encourage her to talk to you intimate things.

Hope this helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor