Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Had cancer tumor removed from the frontal lobe. Found lump on forehead. Related to surgery?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9351 Questions
my husband had neurosurgy 2 months ago. He had a cancer tumor removed from the right frontal lobe.
This morning he woke uo with a soft lump on his forehead very near the scar. This is outside the skull. Does this have to do with the surgery?
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 41 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
If this is soft and if his skull was closed directly nad there is was no skull defect after surgery then this is probably haematoma or seroma formation which isnt uncommon after any surgical procedure. It is also possible that he hit his head while sleeping. In every case it shouldnt concern you, it should pull back in a few days, he can put some cold water or ice on it. But it is important to know if you notice any sign of infection, pus formation,redness around it or fever you must visit a doctor.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor