Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Had a vaginal infection. What does pessary look like?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions

In my last query, you had advised me to use a Pessary. Did you mean below device?

Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX i wasnt able to access the site you named. If i understand correctly, you had an infection? I had advised you to use pessaries. Thats a type of vagina tablet that could be antibiotic based also. It is to inserted into the vagina. Dont be confused with vaginal ring pessary which was a device used in vaginal prolapse cases. You can ask the drug store to give you antifungal vaginal tablets.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor