Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Got paralytic attack, cannot move limbs. Can we give medicine to prevent more loss?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1968
Answered : 298 Questions
my mother has got an payalatic some 2 hour back i feel so she cant operate her right leg and hand can we give her some tablet to prevent some more lose do not happen her bp is 160/79
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Stroke
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 44 minutes later
Hi there. Thank you for posting your question with XXXXXXX I will do my best to help you.

Your mother may have had a stroke. Go at once to an ER department. If this is non-hemorrhagic it can be reversed or at the very least maintained. She needs an MRI scan right away.

This is the difference between permanent damage and recovery. Please do not hang about! A few wasted hours can make all the difference.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor