Got negative HIV test after 2 months of exposing. Chances of getting positive report?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Question: hi, im seventy days negative after being exposed to hiv what are the chances of this result changing.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The seroconversion takes place at 2-3months time so you need to repeat the test at 3 months.
If you are highly suspicious you can get the HIV PCR testing which is more sensitive but is very expensive.
Optionally if you can get your partner tested and if negative then no risk by now.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Follow up: Dr. Ram Choudhary 6 hours later
i never had any symptoms from day one, feeling completely well. tested at 25days then at 42days and 70 days all negetive, i understand the 3 months window, from your experience could this negative result alter to positive.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 13 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
I personally do not think you have any possibility of turning positive now.
But still to be 100% sure you should revise the test at 3months.
And be aware in future from unprotected intercourse so to avoid mental tensions.
Wish you a great health!
Follow up: Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
thank you very much
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 26 hours later
welcome back.
God bless you, wish you a great health.
Take care!