Can HIV be contracted through protected oral sex?

Dr. Monika Dede

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Hello Doctor

I had a protected sex no oral 4 days before now i got pus on one my tonsils and I am worried that ot cpuls be an ars.Can ars starts in 4 days?
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please don't worry , there is no risk for HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing in healthcare magic.

Based on your history, having protected sexual intercourse and no oral sex, you shouldn't worry because there is definitly no risk for HIV.
This is just a bacterial tonsillitis caused by streptoccocus without any relation with acute retroviral syndrom.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 1 hour later
just one more question for my knowledge after how mamy days normally Ars will start?
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Usually occurs about 10 days after infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing back.

You should know that ARS (seroconversion) usually occurs about 10 days after infection, and for most people it starts 1-3 weeks after infection.
But, some people cannot notice they have ARS because could have mild symptoms or couldn't have any .

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T