Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Got hit on head. Swelling appeared. Should I go for medical check up?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
Today i got hit by the glass photo frame which fell on my head(from around 2 feet height) I got minor swelling at the site.This incident happened almost around 5 hours back.Please do let me know shall i go to the hospital or it is not required or are there any symptoms which i should look for?
Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 27 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

I think there is nothing to worry about.

When ever there is injury to the part, swelling happens as the blood and other fluids get collected in that area.

This will gradually disappear over a period of couple of days.

You can take analgesic like brufen or paracetamol for pain or discomfort if you have any.

Please consult your doctor:

>If you have increasing pain at the site of injury
>Some unusual feeling like heaviness in head
>Swelling keeps on increasing
>The swelling does not disappear in couple of days.

I do not think any sort of this will happen; still this is for your information.

I hope this helps you in taking an informed decision.

Wishing you good health.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Got hit on head. Swelling appeared. Should I go for medical check up? 2 minutes later
Thanks Sir for your prompt reply.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 9 hours later

I hope you are fine and not having any complaints.

Please close the query and accept the answer.

Give your feedback.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Critical Care

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor