Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Going for my first colonoscopy. Suggestions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1540 Questions
It will be my first colonoscopy and I'm looking for a doctor i my area who does outpatient work?
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Colonoscopy is usually a day-procedure

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Colonoscopy is usually performed by a gastroenterologist and is performed after giving pain-medication or other medicine to reduce discomfort. You will need to contact a few gastroenterologists and see if someone suits your needs. Thus I an writing down a few gastroenterologists contact information in your area:

Dr. Raymond J. Mis, MD
215 Toll Gate Rd Suite 201, Warwick, RI 0000
ph(401) 739-7345

Dr. XXXXXXX C. Palumbo, MD
1351 S County Trl Suite 302, East Greenwich, RI 0000
ph(401) 421-8800

Dr. XXXXXXX M. Trupiano, DO
1351 S County Trl Suite 220, East Greenwich, RI 0000
ph(401) 886-4040

Hope it helps


Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor