Given rilozore for motor neuron disease. Is this curable? Treatment available?

Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 25 Jan 2013 in Brain and Spine
Question: my relative is suffering from MND for 3 year, doctore says there is no curable treatment in india, simple one tablet is provided by the govt of india ( rilozore) age 55 year , body is not in working position, he lay down the days , but his brain work propley but not speek. what is the better treatment abailable or not
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Thanks for using health care magic.
MND is a motor neuron disease and unfortunately there is not much medical treatment available. You information is right as riluzole is the only standardized treatment available for MND and that too only prolongs the life of the person. The reports say that riluzole can prolong ones life by 4-6 months or so. Moreover it can also delay the use of respiratory aids.
Baclofen is another drug which is emerging for MND but not very effective and popular.
The situation is the same world over.
Hope I am able to solve your query.
I will be happy to help you if you need any further clarifications.
If you are satisfied by the answer, you can close the query and rate it accordingly and provide a review if possible.
In future You can contact me directly on this link as well:
WWW.WWWW.WW