Getting twitching sensation in eye while stressed or tired. Should I consult a doctor?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: The "bag" area of my right eye has been twitching (more like rapid pulsating) non-stop for about two weeks. I can't feel it, but can definitely see it. I've had upper eyelid twitches before, which I can feel but are barely visible, and those seems to happen when I'm stressed or tired. This is obviously different. What's the deal? Any reason to see a doctor yet or do you recommend I watch for changes/worsening?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 7 hours later
Most likely causes for such twitchings are stress,fatigue,lack of sleep,constant light on your eyes and consumption of caffeine.
Since you are working a lot on your computers,I feel there may many factors for your symptoms.Constant glare of the computer screen coupled with tiring of eye muscles along with more likely consumption of caffeine may be the cause for your symptoms.

Take proper sleep
Reduce caffeine
Take frequent break from viewing computer screen.
Take plenty of water.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks