What causes twitching sensation in the upper eyelids?
Hello and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
Myokymia is the correct term and condition that may be linked to your symptoms.
Blepharospasm is characterized by pain in muscles around the eye too, besides involuntary movements of eyelids.
Myokymia usually starts in one eye, but both eyes could be involved also.
Getting enough rest and avoiding caffeine should improve your condition.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Improvement may start in short time if treated correctly.
In general, if you avoid caffeine and control correctly your anxiety these twitches should subside very soon.
It is true that blepharospasm results in closing eyes too, pain also is another symptoms another symptom.
Hope I helped you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Upper eyelid twitching causes
- Cause of lower eyelid twitching
- What causes the eyelid to beat
- Upper eyelid coloboma causes
- What causes purple eyelids
- Swollen upper eyelid cause
- What is the cause of involuntary twitching of eyelid
- What causes twitching eyelids
- What could cause twitching of eyelid
- What causes a bruised eyelid
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?