Getting smelly watery vaginal discharge. What could be the cause of this?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Fri, 18 Jan 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: gynecologyIm a female 5'8'' 120lbs
I've noticed a smell in my lower region and a discharge that's sometimes watery or thick curious a what it could be I'm embarrassed by it
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Before answering your question I need certain informations from you so that I am in a better position to answer.
Generally vaginal fluids are clear and non smelly.
Since how long are you having this problem of abnormal vaginal discharge?
Is this discharge present throughout the month?
What does the discharge look like in appearance?
What is your age?
Are you sexually active and if yes then are there multiple sex partners ?
Is there any itching present ?
Is there any burning in urine?
Is there any blood in it or the discharge is brownish in colour?
Is the colour white,yellow XXXXXXX or Grey in colour?
Does it look like cottage cheese or curd type?
Do you suffer from diabetes ?
Is there any history of prolonged use of antibiotics or steroids?

Awaiting your reply.
Thanks