Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Getting redness with mild irritation in eye. How to get cured?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1977
Answered : 1182 Questions
Often one of my eye becomes reddish. also with mild irritation. after few hours it goes away or post splashing the water.
Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
Thanks for sending your query to us.
This usually occurs due to exposure to atmospheric pollutents getting into the eye.These are dust and smoke of exhaust of vehicles.Once you wash it away,the allergen load is reduced and you get relief.
What you can do to solve this is to have some protection in the form of protective glasses and medication in the form of astringent drops.
We are not recommending any thing stronger as the problem for you is a fleeting one and usually goes away without too much of botheration.
Any difficulty please do get back to me .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Getting redness with mild irritation in eye. How to get cured? 7 minutes later
Thanks for your advise doctor.

But that eye is still little red oneside with mild swelling compared to the other eye.

If its nothing to worry then no problem. Please advise.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
This is part over all allergy.If sneezing also continues then an oral anti allergic is also welcome.
If there is no generalized allergy,then astringent drops like Mezol etc are able to take care.
Do get back to in case of any problem.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor