Getting headache around eye and bridge of nose, no nausea or dizziness. Chances of brain tumor?

Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Posted on Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in Brain Tumor
Question: Hi My name is XXXXXXX and I am a healthy 53 year old. I am having anxiety attacks because I am convinced I have a brain tumor! For the past two weeks I have had slight on again off again head aches-mostly above my eyes or on the bridge of my nose but occasionally in the back of my head (twinges and slightly sore neck ). Other than that I am ok-no nausea or dizziness except I am anxious and thi makes me feel weird too. I also have prescription glasses which I take on and off a lot and use the computer a lot. I am also not sleeping well (anxiety?) therefore i am tired and don't feel great.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 32 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated symptoms along with headache.
Do you have running nose and tears from eyes?
What is the type of headache?
Is there any aggravating or relieving factors associated with headache?

At least 10-15 types of headache have been described and the diagnosis is generally made on the described history.
With the available described symptoms, there is high chances of migraine, a most common type of headache.
Presence of headache with described location suggest the diagnosis.
Migraine is associated with pulsating type of headache and may be in half or full part of head.
Migraine generally gets precipitated after exposure to light/ noise, coffee and tea intake, lack of sleep.
Nausea and vomiting is an XXXXXXX component of migraine and treatment is required for complete relief of symptoms.
At times migraine is also associated with other types of headache such as tension headache and cluster headache.
With long lasting headache, patients are generally scared of serious disease like brain tumor and may also cause anxiety.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ neurologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for CT/ MRI scan brain for better clarification.
You should take anti-migrainous medicines both for relief of pain and for prophylaxis.
You should also consult with psychiatrist for relief of anxiety.
You should take tricyclic antidepressants; helps in headache and relief of anxiety and depressive episodes.

Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava