Getting fluttering sensation above pelvic area. Is this due to gas or hormonal problem?

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: 56 yr old female... I just started getting a fluttering (vibration) feeling just above the pelvic area. This symptom just started today. The fluttering lasts only a few seconds. I have had at least a few dozen occurances today. There is no pain. Is this gas or hormonal? Will it go away and/or is treatment needed? I am experiencing some hemroidal bleeding.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

According to your description the fluttering you are getting can be most possibly because of gas.
Possibly you may be having gastritis, abdominal bloating etc. associated with gastro-esophageal- reflex disease. Which may be responsible for this fluttering.
To avoid this and to treat hemorrhoidal bleeding, you better consult doctor and with her advice follow measures like:
-Take laxatives, plenty of water, fruits, vegetables to avoid constipation.
-Use local ointments containing analgesics and hemostats.
-Try to take some gap while driving, walk for sometime.
-Try to decrease weight.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.