Gained weight and gets indigestion after heavy meal. What medicine to take?

Dr. Shanthi.E

Posted on Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I am gaining over weight and gets indigestion. whenever i eat heavy meal, i get indigestion I havent tried any medications yet i am not allergic to any medicine.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: please take actions now Detailed Answer: Hello, I have read your query. You seem to be having multiple problems that are related to each other. All these problems can be attributed to one cause - poor dietary habits and exercise habits. Indigestion is mostly caused when you take heavy meal, high fatty and oily food. I would suggest you to please check on your diet again. Please do not consume heavy meal. Eat small, frequent meals. Take more of fruits and vegetables. Also, it seems like you are getting over weight due to food habits and lack of exercise, probably. Please watch what you eat, and exercise daily. Go walking without fail. Do some physical activity for 40 mins at least on a daily basis. There is no short cut to this. Only by healthy diet and regular exercise, you can get rid of your problems. You can try simple antacids like Rantac for indigestion problem. I prescribe my patients this medicine for short term basis. Hope this helps you. Regards,