Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Foreskin is not easily retractable and does not stay back. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 2190 Questions
Hello Doctor,

Though foreskin on my penis slips back. During intercourse it doesnt stays back. As a result I ejaculate, quickly. At times when I intentionally slip back often during intercourse able to enjoy for a long duration.

What is the remedy in this case.

Thanks & Regards,
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 39 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

The foreskin or prepuce is usually an elastic structure which should normally slide freely over the penis. During childhood, the foreskin may be somewhat difficult to retract or move freely, but during adulthood, as the person starts engaging in sexual intercourse, it should automatically become more elastic and freely retractable.

In your case, since you say that the foreskin is not easily retractable and does not stay back, it implies that there is not enough elasticity. There is also another condition called "frenulum breve", where even if the foreskin is retractable, it doesn't stay back. In this condition the frenulum of the foreskin, i.e. a fold of skin attaching the foreskin to the undersurface of the glans penis is too short.

In such cases, the following remedial measures to increase the elasticity of the foreskin can be tried:

1) Regular stretching exercises, to increase the elasticity.

- Retract the foreskin backwards as much as possible until there is some discomfort - as much as you can tolerate without being in much pain. Hold for 30 seconds, then pull forwards again. Repeat this exercise for 5 minutes. You can do this everyday while taking a bath.

2) Stretching exercises along with the use of a Steroid Ointment (e.g. Betamethasone). The steroid can have an effect of thinning the skin and allowing it to stretch more easily.

3) Minor surgery (preputioplasty or frenuloplasty).

I would advise you to try the first option regularly for 1 or 2 months, and most likely you will see improvement. In case, the improvement is not satisfactory, then you may have to see a sexologist in person - for a detailed assessment and for planning further treatment.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Child Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor