Feeling irritation and noticed discharge behind ear skin. What should I use to get cured?

Dr. Kruti

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My son sometimes get irritation and while discharge from the area where ear attach with the skin. We used clop-m oinment as per doctor advice. It improved but reoccured after some time. Please advice
Answered by Dr. Kruti 23 minutes later
Hello

I can understand your concern.

What you are describing is called eczema. In children it can occur behind the ear and it keeps recurring.

It needs a long term treatment. Clop m is a strong cream. It cannot be used for a very long period of time.

I would recommend that you apply desowen cream twice a day for two weeks.

Also elidel cream twice a day for two weeks.

Both these creams will suppress the eczema and will resolve his condition.

After two weeks, desowen can be applied once a day for one week and then stopped. Elidel cream can be stopped after two weeks.

In case it recurs, then just application of elidel cream for 2 weeks will be helpful.

Hope my recommendations are helpful to you.

Please let me know if I can address any other additional concerns for you.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Kruti 1 hour later
But other doctor termed this condition as Fungel infection?
Answered by Dr. Kruti 4 minutes later
Hi

Thanks for your reply.

From your description it seems that it is eczema. However, I would recommend that you post a photo here. You have a feature to upload the image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. Otherwise, you can send it to YYYY@YYYY , with subject as "ATTN:Dr. Kruti".

Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan