Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Feeling heart beat very strongly. Having pain when breathing out. BP is high and feeling dizzy. Suggest the cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1966
Answered : 4506 Questions
This few years, I can feel my heart beat very strongly.

Furthermore, sometimes, when I lie down on bed, I felt a bit pain when I am breathing out. Breathing in is ok.

My blood pressure is a bit high at 150/80.

Also, I felt dizzy easily whenever I stand up from a squarting position.
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get examined / Get investigated

Detailed Answer:
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

See an Internist / get yourself examined / basic investigation will be necessary

Dizziness on getting up from bed may be from postural hypo-tension.. .check your BP – standing and lying? / It can be from anaemia – check haemoglobin…
The body's balancing mechanism is in the inner ear. An ENT (Ear Nose Throat) specialist is the one to see - they have special tests to confirm or exclude the contribution of the ear.
If the ear is excluded, you have to be followed up by a neurologist.

Strong heart beats need to be documented by Electrocardiogram (ECG). Standard ECG records the electrical activity of the heart, for a few seconds. It can detect the arrhythmia occurring during that time only. If the episode occurs randomly, one needs Holter or event monitor.

Systolic pressure is a bit high. Needs follow up

The chest pain does not appear to be related to heart or lung. Examination, X-ray chest can shed further light

See a doctor. The treating doctor alone can suggest further based on his assessment of the situation.

Take care     
Wishing all well
God bless
Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor