Owl Image

Feeling dizzy and noticed fall in blood pressure. What am I suffering from?

Neurologist
Question
I'm a 27 years old female. Athletic body. I'm practicing yoga through the day and I'm hiking 4 days a week. I have balance diet. My blood pressure was always 120/80 at which I felt 100% great, until September 2011. I know it might sounds silly to complain that my BP now is 90/60 but I'm not myself anymore. The dizziness became just a chronic thing which doesn't let me enjoy my life as I used to. I can't have a drink, even drop of alcohol for more then a year with my friends or on holiday because that would make my dizziness worse. I have to sleep not less then 9-10 hours or the dizziness will get even worse. I'm forcing myself to exercise but once I'm moving it makes me feel better instantly.
My physician have send me to many different doctors. All the tests came out clear. My sugar level is fine. Only my neurologist after checked my heart and still listening my complains about constant dizziness have mentioned that I might have hypoglycemia but none of the doctors conclude me with diagnose! I'm really frustrated with this wired condition. I want my normal working 120/80 BP back.
I also was wondering if you know anything about neurocirculatory dystonia term or vegetative vascular dystonia which I believe related to my problem.

Any response or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
~All the best
XXXXXXX
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 22 minutes later
The fall of blood pressure to 90/60 from a previous level of 120/80 is indeed significant. And the fact that you have dizziness makes it more worrisome.
I would like to evaluate on the lines of autonomic nervous system dysfunction. There are tests available for its evaluation - tile table testing, valsalva testing, cold pressor test to name a few.
I would also like you to be put on medication to raise your blood pressure (as is practiced for a patient with postural hypotension).
Neurocirculatory dystonia is not a widely accepted term and diagnosis and it is not likely to help in your case.
Hope that answers your query. If there are more queries, i will be happy to answer.
Good luck.