Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Feeling dizzy and noticed fall in blood pressure. What am I suffering from?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 349 Questions
I'm a 27 years old female. Athletic body. I'm practicing yoga through the day and I'm hiking 4 days a week. I have balance diet. My blood pressure was always 120/80 at which I felt 100% great, until September 2011. I know it might sounds silly to complain that my BP now is 90/60 but I'm not myself anymore. The dizziness became just a chronic thing which doesn't let me enjoy my life as I used to. I can't have a drink, even drop of alcohol for more then a year with my friends or on holiday because that would make my dizziness worse. I have to sleep not less then 9-10 hours or the dizziness will get even worse. I'm forcing myself to exercise but once I'm moving it makes me feel better instantly.
My physician have send me to many different doctors. All the tests came out clear. My sugar level is fine. Only my neurologist after checked my heart and still listening my complains about constant dizziness have mentioned that I might have hypoglycemia but none of the doctors conclude me with diagnose! I'm really frustrated with this wired condition. I want my normal working 120/80 BP back.
I also was wondering if you know anything about neurocirculatory dystonia term or vegetative vascular dystonia which I believe related to my problem.

Any response or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
~All the best
Posted Tue, 15 Jan 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 22 minutes later
Thanks for the query.
The fall of blood pressure to 90/60 from a previous level of 120/80 is indeed significant. And the fact that you have dizziness makes it more worrisome.
I would like to evaluate on the lines of autonomic nervous system dysfunction. There are tests available for its evaluation - tile table testing, valsalva testing, cold pressor test to name a few.
I would also like you to be put on medication to raise your blood pressure (as is practiced for a patient with postural hypotension).
Neurocirculatory dystonia is not a widely accepted term and diagnosis and it is not likely to help in your case.
Hope that answers your query. If there are more queries, i will be happy to answer.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor