Experiencing crawling feeling around anus. Not cured by zentel tablet. Suggest a remedy

Dr. Ashish Mittal

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: My Wife has been experiencing "crawling" feelings on the inside of her anus.
She said that it feels like little worms moving around and is very uncomfortable.
Sometimes its much worse and sometimes it eases up. She said it gets better during the day when she is active but at night time, she does not get sleep as its too uncomfortable. Taking a hot bath seems to help. She has recently taken Zentel tablet and seems to have no help at all. Please can you suggest a remedy or any medication to ease her of this condition.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 26 minutes later
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

I would like to consider following possibilities as a cause for her problem, in following hierarchy:
•     Worm infestation
•     Vitamin deficiency
•     Skin allergy surrounding anus
•     Skin infection surrounding anus

Following steps will help her in treatment:
-Take Zental for 3 days then once in every month for deworming.
-Start multivitamins and take healthy diet.
-Treatment of constipation if present.
-Apply coconut oil after taking it on finger two times a day. It will decrease crawling feeling.
-If symptoms persist then take dermatologist opinion to rule out allergy and infection.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.