Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Experiencing abdominal pain after doing exercise. Should I get tested for this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 711 Questions
Someone has pain only on one side of of his abd after doing mult sit-ups. He states it only hurts when he is doing sit ups not during rest. No other symptoms. I thought rest, fluids and stretching may help since the pain started yesterday. What are signs and symptoms to seek care from MD?
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 4 hours later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
He has muscle spain of the abdominal muscles during the exercise.
Give him total rest for a few days.Apply some pain killer gel at the local area thrice daily.Stop exercise totally.Give him a pain killer+muscle relaxant tablets for few days.
If pain persists and there is local tenderness and swelling consult your doctor.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor