Exhaustion, nausea, vomiting, low grade fever, sweating, no abdominal pain, colonoscopy and EGD normal. What is the cause?
XXXXXXX takes med for blood pressure, sleeping aid, prescription, celexa and topiramate for involuntary movements at night, and the migraine medicine. Past history of alcohol abuse but alcohol free for many months now. Lost child four yrs ago , still in treatment for ptsd.
Thanks for posting your query.
I understand your concern for XXXXXXX and I empathize too.
Her symptoms are quite general and it is not pointing towards one particular system.
Though her Colocscopy and EGD studies are normal, we need to clinically rule out Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) here. Consider celiac sprue too.
Let her continue the current medications that she is taking.
In this clinical scenario, I would like XXXXXXX to get certain blood investigations done like blood sugar levels (to rule out diabetes mellitus), liver function test since she has a history of alcohol abuse in the past to rule out deranged liver function. One can get mild grade fever if there is underlying liver dysfunction. Serum XXXXXXX level may be considered to rule out autoimmune disorder.
It is advisable to XXXXXXX an expert Gastroenterologist for this.
I am sorry that XXXXXXX is also facing other issues like Migraine and involuntary movements. Definitely, continued treatment will help in increasing the quality of her life.
I hope I have answered your query; Please feel free to ask any further queries that you may have.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Low grade fever causes
- Abdominal pain low grade fever headaches migraines what can help
- Low grade fever lower back pain right side abdominal pain
- Left side abdominal pain and low grade fever
- Nausea body ache low grade fever throat pain abdominal pain
- Low grade fever after colonoscopy
- Esr high low grade fever abdominal pain normal cbc
- What causes low grade fever headache and nausea
- Abdominal pain low grade fever yellow stool
- Low grade fever, abdominal pain, cough
- Pain on the top of penis while urination, hurts while bowels. Remedy?
- HIV test positive. Information on herpes, smoking marijuana, chickenpox...
- Lime disease survivor, eyes and hand swelling, mouth yellowing. Is...
- Exhaustion, nausea, vomiting, low grade fever, sweating, no abdominal...
- Injury due to falling, lower back pain, pain when breathing in deeply....
- General overview of blood tests. Advise?
- Low RBC, WBC, high MCH. Natural ways to boost RBC, WBC, lower MCH
- Mole on back of neck, sore, hair falling out of it. History of melanoma...
- Is poly iron capsules easily absorbed in the body?
- Left eyebrow not in level with right after raising them. Is this...