Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Erectile dysfunction, smoking, drinking, neurobian forte, erex

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
I want to talk to a sexology expert. I am suffering from Erectile dysfunction for past 6months. Consulted a Sexology specialist here who provided me with Neurobion forte and Erex tablet for 30 days. I took it for almost 15days now and couldnt find any improvement. I smoke around 7-8 cigarettes per day. Drink occasionally. I am married and have a kid of 5 years. I am facing this problem of erection only past 6months and problem is only about sustaining the erection .
Fri, 5 Oct 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 19 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. An erection problem is the inability to get or maintain an erection that is firm enough for a man to have intercourse. If the condition persists, the medical term is erectile dysfunction. From your history, smoking is an important cause which can cause erectile dysfunction. Cut down on smoking and gradually decrease the number of cigarettes smoked per day. Also do not drink any alcohol at all since alcohol consumption has also been found to be related to erectile dysfunction.

Erex tablets contain herbal products for impotence and erectile dysfunction. Before deciding the treatment it is important to find out the cause which may be responsible for erectile dysfunction in your case. In most men of your age, the cause is often psychological. Other medical causes may be diabetes, high blood pressure, heart or thyroid conditions, poor circulation, low testosterone, depression, spinal cord and neurological causes.

To exactly pinpoint a diagnosis you need to get a complete examination done from a urologist and get your blood pressure, blood sugar levels, thyroid hormones, testosterone levels and a neurological examination of the testicles and penis done. Sildenafil is the drug of choice for erectile dysfunction. However it is available only on a doctor's prescription who will also assess the type and cause of erectile dysfunction before prescribing any drug.

Till the time you get these tests done, try to talk to your partner openly about any fears or apprehensions, eat nutritious healthy food, exercise regularly and cut down on smoking or alcohol.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Erectile dysfunction, smoking, drinking, neurobian forte, erex 1 hour later

Answers looks more generic. I dont have any BP or other issues you have mentioned. I have examined this earlier also. Please prescribe me some medicine which I can take up to get out of this mental tension

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 5 hours later

Thanks for getting back to me. Treatment is dependent on cause and to find out the cause all the tests which i have mentioned above needed to be done.

As mentioned earlier, Sildenafil (Viagra)is the drug of choice for erectile dysfunction and is the first line of treatment but it is available on prescription from your doctor. Secondly, Alprostadil has also been introduced but it has limited availability in India and you can get it under prescription from your doctor.

If both these medications fail to get a response then the last resort can be injections of calcium-sensitive potassium channel or prostaglandin E inside the penis.

Till the time you get these medicines prescribed, you can use penis pumps which helps draw blood into the penis by applying negative pressure. These pumps are to be used before sexual intercourse.

Hope this answers your query. I am available for further follow ups.

Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Erectile dysfunction, smoking, drinking, neurobian forte, erex 16 hours later

Thanks for your answers. Could you prescribe me the medicine you are talking about ? Or I need to go for another doctor for consultation ? Thanks in advance.

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 7 hours later

Sildenafil citrate is available as Viagra taken only once per day anywhere from 4 hours to 0.5 hour before sexual activity. You can check with your pharmacist but it is advisable to use this drug under medical supervision. Please remember that all drugs have side effects and should be taken only after a doctor's guidance.

So you can first get the drug prescribed from your Urologist and then buy it from pharmacy.

Hope this answers your query. I am available for further follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor