Elevated sugar levels in urine
I waiting on on blood test.
Your question is a very good one, I will work on providing you with some good information, and recommendations regarding what is going on.
To have elevated glucose in the urine is certainly abnormal. This is something, which does need further investigation. You did mention that your value is elevated but I would like to see a copy of the actual test in order to provide an accurate interpretation. If you could scan and send a copy via e-mail to my attention at the following e-mail address I would appreciate it: YYYY@YYYY
This elevated reading. May mean that your body is having some difficulty handling excessive amounts of glucose. This may be a form of early diabetes. Your blood pressure is under excellent control, which is always a good thing. I am sure your doctor will be checking some additional blood tests to rule out any other issues including kidney problems. At some point, it may be necessary to talk about lifestyle modification and possible diet, which may improve the overall management of glucose in your body.
Depending on your current weight, a small amount of weight loss of five or 10 pounds can make a significant difference in the management of blood sugar. In addition, a small change in diet to decrease the amount of carbohydrates on a daily basis can also make a significant difference.
These are all things, which your doctor will discuss with you as the blood tests become available. I am sure that he will be able to put together a plan to optimally manage any issues with your blood sugar.
I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns, I would be happy to address them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Urine sugar nil high blood glucose level
- Elevated urine creatinine levels
- Elevated sugar levels in urine 36 weeks
- Foul smelling urine and elevated biliruben level
- Elevated microalbumin urine
- Urine sugar levels
- Urine protein urine blood urine sugar
- Elevated rbc in ur urine
- Elevated sugar levels in urine
- Frequent urination but urine sugar nil
- What does "biapical pleural thickening through the lung apices" in CT...
- Muscle mass, lack of facial hair, male breasts, testosterone, hormonal...
- Bells palsy, minor trauma, medication, platelet function, bleeding, bruises
- Eye weakness, viral infection, nerve weakness in eye, bells palsy
- No period for 9 months, high prolactin levels, microandenoma,...
- Is pregnancy possible with inconsistent pregnancy test results and heavy...
- Can Plan B cause spotting and blood clots in urine ?
- Salt in Chinese food, tachycardia, pulse rate 150, BP under control
- How can genetically obtained dry skin be treated ?
- Diabetes, high BP, renal failure, serum creatinine high, loss of...