Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Dry penis skin, bleeding, lost growth of penis. Do I have to get circumcised?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1992
Answered : 47 Questions
good morning ...two days ago my penis skin seemed a little to dry at my taste >>>>no im not circumsied....i was a little ruf on it the night b 4....and my skin just riped causing lots of bleedind....i got so scared ...but not only that i lost the growth of my penis too since blood is always running stop only when skin is down but as soon as i go pisss to pull out skin it bleeds/......please help do i have to get circumsied?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. James M. Schwartz 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

If you have never had this problem before, then I would suggest letting things settle down for a few days. Refrain from sexual activity. Take a warm bath daily. Let it heal. If, on the other hand, this is a recurring problem, then you should allow a physician to evaluate it. It could be that you have a condition called phimosis, or tight foreskin. Certain infections can cause scarring, which is another possibility. Also, whenever anything bleeds easily, we want to make sure it is not a cancer. But again, if this is a new problem, the first step is to treat it gently for a few days and seek a doctor's care if it does not improve.

I Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please do not forget to accept it.

Dr. J. Schwartz
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Dry penis skin, bleeding, lost growth of penis. Do I have to get circumcised? 12 hours later
can i get circumsised if i wish ?........also wanted to tell yu that since my wife put that iv in her not to get pregnant her gynecologist didint cut those XXXXXXX wires and i feel that there cutting me up what should i do ?
Answered by Dr. James M. Schwartz 29 minutes later
Hello again.

Yes, you may get circumcised if you wish. You would need to consult a urologist to investigate this further.

Regarding IUD (Intrauterine device), it is not a wire, rather it is a soft string that protrudes from the cervix. So it is unlikely that this is cutting you. Your wife may always consult her gynecologist if you or she wish to confirm this.

Thanks again for submitting your query. Hope I have answered all your queries. Please accept this answer if you do not have any other queries.

All the best,
Dr. J. Schwartz
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Dry penis skin, bleeding, lost growth of penis. Do I have to get circumcised? 4 hours later
the wires are XXXXXXX wires she told us and there sharp i saw them doc ...there is no possibility yu sure ...cause there long wires she dont cut them ....
Answered by Dr. James M. Schwartz 23 minutes later
the copper wire should be fully inside the uterus. the only thing that should be protruding from the uterus is the string that tells the women that the IUD is in place up inside the uterus. If the copper wire is protruding from the uterus, and there is something wrong and she should see her gynecologist.

Dr. Schwartz.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor