Dose of ondem syrup for 13 month child?

Dr. Hema Yadav

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: what will be the dose of ondem syrup for 13 month girl
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 21 minutes later
Ondem (ondansetron hydrochloride) is a prescription drug approved for preventing nausea and vomiting due to several causes
For children age 4 through 11, the dose is 4 mg three times daily.
For younger children the exact dosages are not studied or are to be calculated as per body surface area .However in a 13 month old 2 mg or 5ml of Ondem syrup can be given thrice a day.
Hope I have answered your query.
I'll be available for any follow up queries.
Follow up: Dr. Hema Yadav 15 hours later
Thank you very much for the response at very late night. It really help. But I have one more question. What should be the duration between the two doses?
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 6 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.
As I already mentioned it can be given thrice daily ie at 8 hourly intervals .
If required earlier you can give it after 6 hours but if the vomiting is not responding to it it's best to consult your doctor for a reevaluation and appropriate management .
Hope I have answered your query.
Wishing your child a speedy recovery.