Done with brain MRI. Diagnosis of demyelinating disease. Suggestion?
It is more on the right side, could this be the reason that my pain is mostly on my left body side?
Thank you very much
Thank you for getting back.
You are correct. Right side of brain sends nerve impulses to the left side of body. So, your left sided symptoms are related to the lesions on the right side. So, your pain is most likely related to them.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
"There are areas of decreased signal that do resemble black holes and may be consistent with the diagnose of demyelinating disease."
What does this mean? What treatments or cures are possible?
I take Gabapentin 300mg 3 times a day, is there another way to "tackle" the problem?
The MRI findings represent old lesions (diseases) and are non specific. The most common underlying causes for these findings are:
1. Demyelinating illness such as multiple sclerosis.
2. Ischemia due to lack of blood flow to brain in a person with high BP or sugars usually.
Your treatment at present seems to be adequate. If your pain does not respond to gabapentin, then you could take pregabalin.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for demyelinating diseases
- Diagnosis of Chronic demyelinating disease
- Diagnosis of rare demyelinating disease
- Rare demyelinating disease causes
- Diagnosis of demyelinating disease
- Done with brain mri diagnosis of demyelinating disease suggestion
- Demyelinating diseases causes
- Early demyelinating disease
- Headaches and demyelinating disease
- Demyelinating disease on mri
- Paralyzed after spinal operation. Getting neck pain and headache. MRI...
- Got grey matter while blowing my nose. Having headache. What could be...
- Having acid reflux, sweaty hands and tiredness. Taking antidepressant....
- Getting headache, back pain, feeling tired and thirsty. Any medical cure...
- Numbness and pain in hand. Worried for carpal tunnel syndrome
- Have lbp. Feeling bloated and burning sensation in stomach. Should I...
- Getting fainting spells. Not cured by encorate. What should be done to...
- On lisinopril for BP. Feeling dizzy while laying on my back. Any guidance?
- Having pain in skull and feels hot to touch. CAT scan done. What...
- Diagnosed with osteochondral defect of femur. Having hip pain. Safe remedy?