Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Done THC test, hair follicle test, smoke cigarettes. How to prove drug not used?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12683 Questions
I am 26 years old, I weigh about 35 lbs. I smoke cigarettes, started using a little chew in small packages. I had a thc test come out positive, then a negative, then a diluted, then a negative, then a small diluted. I am in drug court and I did not use...Of course, they think I am lying but I am not lying. I want to stay in drug court, it is a privilege. I took a hair folical test as provf I did not use. It came out negative and was told it was a long term test not a short term test. I took it within a week. I don't know how to convince my PO and the judge, I am being honest. Please help me to know what to do to prove myself. I plan on taking another hair folical test in 30 days as, once again proof I did not use. I have been researching the Internet to see how a false positive could be proved? I also read losing weight can detect THC in the fat cells when you lose weight. I had lost weight in jail- about 45 lbs maybe. But that evidently didn't make an issue. thank you
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 42 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us.

When your hair follicle test is negative it automatically proves that you are not using drugs in XXXXXXX quantities for last about three months. Getting a positive blood test only once can be attributed to passive smoking, being in heavily polluted areas, etc.

After that all your tests are either negative or are diluted which do not prove that you use drugs. A repeat hair follicle test will further confirm your innocence. So, stop worrying as single positive test is more likely to be false positive.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Child Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor