Does typhoid vaccine cause high fever?

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: My son 14 yrs old. took him to doc nearby with mild fever and diagnosed with throat infection.
Also, got the typhoid vaccine done. he is running high fever 130-104 consistently.
Few clarifications:
1. Does the typhoid vaccine results in fever?
2. Since i am giving meftal 250, how frequently can i administer.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
See, viral fever due to sore throat these days remains for up to 7 days. So it is most likely that the fever is due to viral only.
Following are answers of your query:
1. Yes typhoid vaccine can also cause fever. That is the reason why most doctors don't prefer to administer any vaccine during period of illness.
2. You can give Meftal 250 mg thrice a day. However I would advise you to give Paracetamol 500 mg thrice a day instead of Meftal as it is safe
If you have any further query please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 5 minutes later
Paracetamol 500 mg, are you referring to crocin.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes that is the same.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Paracetamol 500 mg is available in market as Crocin. You can give it to your child.
If you have any further query please ask me else close the discussion and rate it.
Stay Healthy.