Does myopia cause vitreous haemorrhage?
Pre existing retinal pathology.
Thanks for sending your query to us.
The cause of vitreous hemorrhage in your case is not due to myopia as there is no myopic changes.There are bands and new vessels,this retinal pathology is responsible for vitreous hemorrhage.Usually diabetes takes about 10 years to cause changes in retina.If this new vessel is due to diabetes or not can not be said but bands take a lot of time to develop.
I would put the cause of hemorrhage to be diabetes.
Do get back to. e in case of any further query in this regard.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pathological myopia causes
- Severe myopia causes
- Progressive myopia causes
- Myopia causes
- Myopia migraines
- What causes myopia and astigmatism
- Diagnosed lately with myopia have periodic dizziness ear pain cause
- Degenerative myopia causes
- Will myopia and astigmatism cause intermittent squint
- Axial myopia causes