Does intake of Augmentin, Dynolap and Alaspan help in treating hypertrophic lichen planus

Dr. Charu Bansal

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 20 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: my wife is detected with HYPERTROPHIC LICHEN PLANUS. doctors have advised
1.tab.dynolap 5 after dinner.
2.tab augmentin dus 625 1-0-1
3.cap. nuthalim B 1-0 -1
4. tab Alaspan 1 after dinner.
cosvate G cream
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
she can start the treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Welcome to Healthcaremagic.com. I have read your query. I understand your concern.
In hypertrophic lichen planus, topical steroid is considered as the best treatment modality as your doctor has already advised. In non responding cases, consideration is given to inject steroid intralesionally after an interval of 3 weeks.
The moat important is to avoid itch for which your doctor has prescribed you antihistaminics.
Your wife may continue with the recommended treatment . If you have any further query, you may ask me.
take care .