Does intake of Adderall help in treating ADD?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in Mental Health
Question: I am 65 and was diagnosed with ADD. My doc put me on 30 mg of Adderall. Two months ago he told me that I had to see a psychologist to be diagnosed, and lowered my dosage to 20 mg. Why I was on this medication for 10 years
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

You are being treated with Adderall for a diagnosis of ADD, which your prescribing doctor diagnosed you with. It may be at this point in time he questions if you still meet criteria for an ADD diagnosis, and wants a psychologist to assist for expert consultation. This often happens and is a reasonable approach.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private link below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad