Does excessive masturbation cause memory loss?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Men's Health
Question: iam hypersexual, daily masturbating 6,7 times, unable to concentrate on work. leaking in innerware. from last 4 months, this so took much. iam tried yoga. but no use.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I think there is need for further evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

From the available description it appears to me that there is need for further evaluation as hypersexuality is definitely present and it is pathological as it is affecting other domains of life.

I request you to provide following information
How long it is there?
Do you have any more symptoms
Do you have any blood reports
Do you have any mental health issues
Do you abuse any substance

I look forward to get your answers.
Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 8 minutes later
from last 6 months onwards, getting pain on after too much masturbation. getting tired, behaving differently with colleagues and friends.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You have not answered about substance of use

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks fo reverting back to me but you have not answered all the questions regarding the blood tests and substances of abuse.

Please reply all questions.

Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 7 minutes later
no blood test reports, iam using alcohol weekly twice in limited amount
Brief Answer:
It could be stress

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for reverting back to me.

Although the answered details are not enough to make a diagnosis but behaving differently with friends and colleagues could be manifestation of mental stress.

It is also possible that the excessive sexual desire could be due to some hormonal balances which we need to rule out. This we need to look only if there is no psychological issues. In case you feel you are happy going and have no stress or mental health issues you are requested to get following blood tests from nearby laboratory
1. serum testosterone
2. LH
3.FSH
4. Serum prolactin

Thanks again.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad