Does cylindrical eye power reduce with age?
my son is 6 years n he has both the cylindrical and spherical powers
cylindrical power in both eyes -1.25
spherical power in botheyes -0.75
Cyclindrical power remains stable, but spherical increases with age
I can understand your concern.
Cylindrical powers are generated generally by the shape of the cornea (transparent front layer of the eye).
These powers tend to be stable and non-progressive in most people. The condition is curable by using glasses to see better.
Cylindrical powers are those ones that are present only in a particular axis. The powers are noted by convention to be positive or negative.
Negative power indicates short sightedness.
As far as his inability to view the hands of the clock concerned, you need to recheck his visual acuity and precise adjustment of glasses has to be made.
Post your further queries if any,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to reduce cylindrical eye power naturally
- Exercise reduce cylindrical eye power
- How to reduce cylindrical eye power using food
- Cylindrical eye power test
- How to reduce cylindrical eye power
- Cylindrical eye power in childrens
- Can cylindrical eye power be reduced
- Eye power cylindrical degrees
- Herbs to reduce cylindrical eye power
- Cylindrical eye power treatment
- What causes severe and low vision in elderly?
- Is there any correlation between high chloride exposure and CIDP?
- Suggest treatment for viral diarrhea and stomach infection
- Suggest treatment for upper respiratory track infection
- What causes painful right hip in a person undergoing renal dialysis?
- Suggest treatment for swollen eyes along with pain
- What do heat sensation in abdomen along with weight loss and...
- Suggest treatment for severe hair loss
- What are the side effects of Glutathione capsules?
- Is it safe to have Dothiepin for sleeplessness during pregnancy?