Does Yaz birth control lose its effectiveness over time?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hello,
I have been on Yaz birth control for 5 years now without stopping.

Does the pill lose its effectiveness over time? Should i change pills? Does the body adapt to the hormones and therefore renders the pill not as effective against pregnancy?

Ive never had any issues with this pill, just sometimes some minor spotting between periods, but have noticed my skin breaking out recently where as the pill always kept my skin perfectly clear.

Just looking for an expert opinion :)
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yaz effect does not reduce over time

Detailed Answer:

I have read you query and I understand your concerns about pills .

Following is my reply:

1) Yaz pill will provide the birth control as long as you are on it.

2) There is no reduction in effects of Yaz over time . Its efficacy remains same and there is nothing to worry about.

3) Skin changes are unlikely to be due to Yaz. ontinue taking it. Its safe and effective pill.

I hope I answered you query and addressed your concerns.

Let me know if you wish to ask any further questions. I will be glad to help you.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist