Does TURP procedure reduce pregnancy chances?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 12 Oct 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: " the chances of pregnancy can reduce by about roughly 20 % post turp in the partner" you have writed.I write from Italy sorry for my english.The question :where are these data in scientific literature ?I Have been operated by Turp in Italy my doctors says I Have no possibility to donated a child to my wife.I have only a little secretion during the intercourse.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Yes, there is reduce chances of pregnancy because the prostate secretes the nutritious secretion to the sperms called semen .There is no data available in scientific literature ,if you have low chances than you can go for IVF or artificial insemination
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
I have a reverse eiaculation with TURP only a little liquid .My spermatozoa finish in urine.But in another response that I have quoted we write that the change of pregnancy are only reduced!Maybe???
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chances of conception are less than 5%.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The chances of pregnancy are extremely low. It is better to take help of assisted reproductive techniques.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
where I can search these data of 5%?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
This is a rough estimate.

Detailed Answer:
The chances of less than 5% is a general figure and can vary with person to person. In medical science nothing is absolute. This is a rough estimate. No specific scientific studies are available regarding this.
Regards.