Does Lupron interact with Depo-Provera injection?

Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Is there a reaction or interactions between Lupron and Depo provera?
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Explanation is given below ...

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for your query to HealthcareMagic .

I have read your question carefully and understand your concern.

FDA (FOOD and DRUG ADMINISTRATION ) has published some side effects to drug interaction between Lupron and Depo -provera use , but they usually vary from the period time of you will use them.

Hence I will write most common side effects form interaction of Lupron and Depo-Provera :

- arthralgia
- bone pain
- cataract
- prostate cancer
- abdominal mass
- abnormal loss of weight
- ankle brachial index decreased
- anxiety
- atelectasis
- bone disorder

Hope I was helpful and please feel free for further discussion.

Best regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 1 hour later
Thanks. Is Implanon as effective as depo provera. Will it have the same effect on a male in 33yrs of age.
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Implanon is as effective as Depo provera

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.

Implanon is as effective as depo provera , hence you can try with Implanon and Lupron because there is no known interaction between them.

Hope I was helpful.

Best regards