Does I-pill have an effect on periods?

Question
Hello Doctor,

Your answer and guideline were absolutely perfect for me, and I was satisfied a lot, but One more thing I need to know, as you told me check again on 12-13 July as after you had sex , you need to check after 20 days. We had sex on 20th XXXXXXX 2014 and we checked on 12-13 July via home pregnancy test but still result was negative. As I told you we took i-pill long time before and after that periods got affected, so we are just worried that is it due to ipill periods are improper or are this symptoms of pregnant??
Posted Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not due to pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
You can be sure that the pregnancy is not there as the pregnancy test even after 20 days of unsafe sex is negative. The decreased bleeding and irregular periods are due to the side effect of I-pill. It will take 2-3 cycles for your periods to become normal again.
Be careful to use a regular contraceptive next tin future.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow-up: Does I-pill have an effect on periods? 11 minutes later
thank you doctor for your reply, So should we consult any doctor regarding periods or it is normal ??. Will she get her normal period in next 1-2 period cycle. As from the last period cycle this period cycle which was on 27July it was better but It came for 1-2 days only. So does this happens ??

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes. It is normal.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
There is no need to consult a doctor right now. As long as she is getting the periods well on time there is no need to worry. The decreased bleeding can be due to iron deficiency anaemia also. It is best to start with few iron supplements like Cap. Fefol Z taken daily with a good high protein diet. The periods should return to normal with these supplements.
Regards.