Does Diflucan help in treatment of H. Pylori?

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Thank you!

Can Diflucan help with H. Pylori?
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It's anti-fungal drug,cannot be used for H.pylori

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

H.pylori is a gram-negative bacteria found in the stomach. The infections caused by H.pylori can be treated through antibiotics.

Diflucan contains the active ingredient Fluconazole which is an anti-fungal drug. Thus, it can be used to treat fungal infections (including those of GI tract) and not bacterial infections.

Hope it answered to your question!
Dr.Klerida
If anything unclear, let me know!
Follow up: Dr. Klerida Shehu 12 minutes later
Thank you very much! My only other question is that my blood had a high level of Candida and Microplasma pneumoniae in it. (Well, at least in the past 6 months). And I did not know if there was still some Candida that is complicating things. I have this pain in my lower left abdomen that is the same from over 4 months ago.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Following causes to pain in left abdomen

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

The presence of Candida should be treated with Diflucan.

The pain in your left abdomen from over 4 months might be related to intestinal spasms, especially if associated with gas and bloating and if Candida infection was diagnosed around 5 months ago.

Wish fast recovery!
Dr.Klerida
Follow up: Dr. Klerida Shehu 55 minutes later
thank you kindly
Brief Answer:
You are wellcome

Detailed Answer:
Hi

You are welcome. Happy to know that you are satisfied form answer.

All the best
Dr.Klerida