• question-icon

Do steroids reduce the effectiveness of Nexplanon?

Posted on Wed, 19 Jul 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: My girlfriend has had the nexplanon birth control for almost a year now, and she recently got bit by a spider and she was prescribed a steroid pack. We were wondering if the steroid pack will make the nexplanon less affective.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No effect

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to HCM. Thanks for writin in to us with your health concerns.I have gone theough your query and understand your concerns completely. There will be no decrease in potency of your implant due to steroid dose. I will advise you to stay relaxed . Regards Dr Manisha Jain.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN