Do sensitivity and rash near the navel area indicate shingles?
Thank you for reaching out for medical support. being straight to the point.
Yes, the description matches shingles. Usually the shingles rash is reddish bumpy that precedes sensitivity. And most commonly filled with fluid and blisters like. Therefore the progress of the rash is going to be important to us to arrive at a diagnosis.
As it is very important to seek medical care and administration of antiviral treatment shown to be helpful first 3 days of appearance of the rash. I will urge you to visit a doctor at the earliest to confirm the possibility. Never touch your eyes after touching the rash. if the rash spreads to the face or near the eye please seek medical attention. Make sure not to touch the rash even if its itching, apply some cold water pads on it might help reducing the pain and sensitivity plus it will help removing the blisters, tap water cold. Try to wear comfortable clothes loose ones.
Complications that hopefully will not happen but to be aware are spread to the eye, or post herpatic neuralgia which means neurological induced pain after the disease.
I hope I was able to cover as much details of the disease and to be as informative as possible.
I wish you full recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for pain post black widow spider bite
- Suggest treatment for cough during sleep at night
- What causes numb legs after steroid injections when with pinched nerves?
- Is it safe to participate in marathons while suffering from low ejection...
- Do sensitivity and rash near the navel area indicate shingles?
- What causes lack of energy, lower back pain and recurring nausea?
- What does tingling and numbness around the temples after lying down...
- What causes mild stiffness in neck on right side?
- What causes severe right-sided pain in face, neck and ear?
- Suggest treatment for pulmonary fibrosis