question-icon

Do hemorrhoids cause frequent urination?

Posted on Tue, 26 May 2015
Question: Hemroides are causing me to urinate a lot, I don't have burning and I was tested for UTI it was negative I use preparationH
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Hemorrhoids do not cause frequent urinating.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Hemorrhoids simply do not cause frequent urinating. It is impossible. Hemorrhoids are just an enlarged veins in the rectal area. No connection with urinary tact at all. The only way it may happen is due to so large hemorrhoids to obstruct vagina and urethra.
Frequent urinating can be a sign of diabetes. Can you please attach your urine analysis? Were there urine culture done?
Chronic kidney failure can also result with frequent urinating. If so, there should be lots of protein in urine analysis.

I suggest you to check your blood sugar level and consult nephrologist.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon